At times, you may require to draw the outline of an image – like the complex mechanical instruments,country map or new product’s outer outline etc. Here is the way we can achieve it.
Import the image and lock it in the Visio page
- Open a blank Visio page and paste the image that you need to draw
- Go to Layers –> Assign to Layer. This will help you later to toggle the image’s lock and unlock states. Follow the steps mentioned in the below image
- Assign the name
- Now, Select the image and go to Layer. Select Layers and set the Layer Property by selecting the image.
- Tick the checkbox to lock the image
Now the image in the Visio page has been locked.
Trace the outline of the image
- To start trace, go to Home–> Tools and select Freeform
Point your cursor tip where you want to start, click and drag to next point. Keep doing it for the entire image