Here is an important release for Visio lovers! Visio can be viewed in iPad and iPhone now.
Microsoft has released the Visio Viewer ready for iOS
Now you can do following things in Visio Viewer for iPad and Visio Viewer for iPhone?
- View files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint
- View files received as email attachments
- Pan or zoom
- Turn layers on or off
- Copy the current view of a Visio diagram as an image and paste it in another app
- Share a Visio file as a link or attachment
- Find text in a shape
- Save a copy of a file on your device or the cloud
The devices compatible for this visio viewer –
To use the Visio Viewer for iPad or Visio Viewer for iPhone app, you’ll need one of the following devices running iOS 9.0 or later:
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
Installation step – Visio Viewer for iPad or Visio Viewer for iPhone
- Open the App Store.
- Enter Visio in the search box, and then tap Search.
- Select the app, Visio Viewer, published by Microsoft.
- Tap the download icon. You’ll see a progress icon as the app is installed.
How to sign in?
- Tap the Visio Viewer app on iPad or iPhone to open it.
- Type the personal Microsoft account or work or school account associated with your Office 365 subscription, and then tap Next.
Supported file types for Visio Viewer for iPad and Visio Viewer for iPhone
Visio Viewer for iPad and Visio Viewer for iPhone support Visio files in .vsd or .vsdx format.