Shoulder Stretching: Ultimate Workout for Well-Formed Power-packed Muscles
Your shoulders bear heavy loads of the backpacks you carry to school, office or on a holiday. Therefore, it makes perfect sense to work on the shoulder muscles to strengthen and to make them well-formed and power-packed. One way to achieve this is by doing stretching exercises coupled with a perfectly balanced diet plan, that include dietary supplements like the best HGH Supplements for men packed with Vitamins and essential amino acids.
You can do shoulder stretching exercises freehand but dumbbells will be more effective, giving faster results. They also infuse more balance in your exercises, and moving from one set to another is easier with dumbbells. These six workouts below are the ultimate sets that will give you power-packed, muscled, well-toned and well-rounded shoulders in a few weeks.
Remember to warm up adequately before every session. Use dumbbells of between 10 to 30 pounds for a start. Perform the exercises in sets of 3 and repetitions of 30 each. Rest for 30-60 seconds between each set but don’t rest between repetitions.
Set # 1.
The Scapula Press
- Stand with feet apart, holding very light dumbbells in hands
- Raise the dumbbells laterally till your arms are parallel to the floor
- Turn your palms up and raise the dumbbells to clap overhead
Set # 2.
The Overhead Triceps Crunch
- Stand with feet apart, holding a medium to heavy dumbbell with both hands above your head
- Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbell behind your head
- Using your elbows as fulcrum raise the dumbbell up and down with your forearms
Set # 3.
Dumbbell bench press
- Like on your back on a bench press
- Hold a pair of dumbbells above your chest, palms facing outwards towards the feet
- Holding your shoulders together, chest sticking out, press one dumbbell upward vertically and hold for one count
- Bring the dumbbell down and simultaneously press the other dumbbell up
Set # 4.
Lying Dumbbell Raise
- Lie down straight on your left side, supporting your head with your left hand
- Hold the dumbbell on your right hand, palm downwards, straight, in front of you.
- Raise the dumbbell in an arc movement to point vertically towards the ceiling and hold for a second
- Return to starting position, finish the reps and repeat with the other side
Set # 5.
Dumbbell V Raise
- Stand with feet apart, holding light dumbbells, your palms facing your upper thighs
- Raise the dumbbells to the sides of your body to shoulder height like a wide letter V.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold the position for one count
- Slowly bring down to start position and repeat
With these exercises, you are on your way to packing muscles and building strength on your shoulders. As you feel the tension build up you will also see the results in a couple of weeks where you will find your slouch has gone and your posture is the envy of everyone. Besides, you will also find that you are doing the physical work with a lot more ease. Keep a check on the kind of food you eat and maintain a balanced diet supplemented with supplements like the best HGH Supplements for men.
Jorge is a rabid health and fitness aficionado. He is sports lover and a fitness enthusiast who believes in healthy living. His inspiration lies in all those things that are healthy and natural. He loves to share his knowledge about health, nutrition, and recommend everyone to use best bodybuilding supplements that lifts the energy up during extreme workouts.
Image Courtesy: Photo by Victor Freitas from Pexels